IN ORDER TO DOWNLOAD AND USE QUEST3D YOU NEED TO
- REGISTER A LICENSE KEY
- CLICK ON THE DOWNLOAD LINK IN THE CUSTOMER AREA
READ THIS MANUAL TO DISCOVER HOW:
As of version 5, Quest3D does no longer need a hardware key to function. Activation of Quest3D is done on our license server.
A Quest3D license can be used on one machine at the same time. Should you wish to use Quest3D on a different machine after activating, you must de-activate the activated installation first.
- In order to activate/de-activate you need an internet connection
- You do not need to de-install Quest3D if you would like to activate on a different machine
- You can activate/de-activate without limitations
The Quest3D key
After buying Quest3D 5, you should have received a software key for Quest3D. For example: 1011-ABBAD-Q3D5COM
Registering the Key
You can activate Quest3D by registering the software key on your personal account on the Quest3D Website. If you do not have an account yet, register here. Otherwise sign-in and go to the customer area.
In the customer area you can register one or more license keys.
You can download Quest3D in the Customer Area on quest3d.com after signing in.
Activating the installation
IMPORTANT: If you have more than one key associated with your account one account, do not enter your username. Enter the license key you would like to activate.
Start Quest3D 5 after finishing the installation. You will get a dialog that asks for a log-in and password.
The activation system will check the login credentials and will activate Quest3D if the license is not activated on a different machine.
De-activating the installation
In order to de-activate, choose 'De-activate' from the Help menu.
Example: Using 1 Quest3D license on 2 PCs
You have 1 Quest3D license and 2 PCs: ‘PC A’ and ‘PC B’.
- First, register the Quest3D license with your personal Quest3D on-line account (See ‘Registering a license’ above).
- Download and install Quest3D on ‘PC A’ and ‘PC B’.
- To work on PC A, start Quest3D and activate it (See ‘Activating Quest3D’ above).
If you then wish to work on PC B do the following:
- De-activate PC A, (See ‘De-Activating Quest3D’ above)
- Activate PC B (See ‘Activating Quest3D’ above)
To work on PC A again:
- De-activate PC B (See ‘De-Activating Quest3D’ above)
- Activate PC A (See ‘Activating Quest3D’ above)
Watch the video tutorial here